The Grace Tales is a place for women to find community, inspiration, and hopefully, a little validation. Any mother who’s scrolled Instagram at 3am, trying to stay awake through the umpteenth feed of the night, knows how lonely motherhood can feel at times. But no matter what stage of the journey you’re knee-deep in – be it toddler tantrums, school drop offs, or teenage rebellion – you are absolutely not alone. If there’s anything this platform has proven, it’s that our stories are universal.
So, if there’s something you feel passionate about, or a topic you get a little rant-y over at dinner, chances are there are readers on The Grace Tales experiencing exactly the same thing.
That’s why we want to hear from you – so we can continue to showcase the issues and ideas that fire you up and shake your core.
We’re seeking submissions of opinion pieces that are:
- Around 400-1000 words, and no longer than 1200.
- Conversational and entertaining. We’re not looking for formal or academic writing so imagine you’re chatting to a friend and write from the heart.
- Clear and confident. Don’t hold back – speak your mind and be honest. Short, sharp sentences will drive your point home.
- Please limit excessive exclamation marks, swearing, and grammatical errors.
- Include a title which relates directly to your writing and gives a good indication of your topic of conversation. For example, ‘Why We Won’t Be Going On A Family Holiday Again’ or ’10 Tips For Travelling With Toddlers’.
- When you’re finished, email your story and a high resolution head shot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’d love you to share your posts once they’re live. Share your story on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and email.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an opinion piece to The Grace Tales you agree to the following terms & conditions:
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions. Stories will be sent back to the writer with any changes for approval before they are published on www.thegracetales.com
- Brand promotion is not permitted within the opinion pieces.
- The Grace Tales reserves the right to publish a piece – if a piece is not appropriate or does not follow the above guidelines, it may not be published. We will not publish any inappropriate material.
- The Grace Tales reserves the right to share all posts on social media.
- The Grace Tales does not pay writers for submissions.
- All views are the writer’s own. The Grace Tales is not responsible for the opinions of any writers who are published on The Grace Tales.