Caitlin Cady is the author of Heavily Meditated, a down-to-earth guide to meditation. She’s a dedicated yogi, living and working in Byron Bay with her husband and three children. But she wasn’t always a zen goddess. She jokes that learning to meditate from someone who’s naturally calm is like learning to cook from a skinny chef – which is the perfect analogy when you discover that Caitlin’s journey with meditation started with an eating disorder, depression, and chronic Lyme disease. Caitlin is about as far away from the typical meditation master as you can imagine – she’s bright, bubbly and energetic, and that energy has seen her tackle this strange new world with an unshakeable positivity that we could all use a dose of.
In today’s episode she tells us:
- How she overcame depression and swapped medication for meditation
- Why multi-tasking is a trap
- How she taught herself to let go of achieving
- Why she firmly believes that done is better than perfect
- How leading by example is the best parenting hack
- How she manages to meditate with a two-year-old trying to pry her eyes open
- Why she doesn’t want her pre-baby body back
- The top daily habits she recommends for all mothers
She’s refreshingly realistic about what meditation practice really looks like for mothers, and passionate about getting it done (imperfectly, with distractions), anyway.
You can connect with Caitlin, find her meditation resources or buy her book Heavily