What’s it like packing up and moving your family to an island?
This is exactly what Lindy Rama-Ellis did with her ex-husband Olympic Games swimming champion Michael Klim. The pair moved to Bali for a change of pace and ended up staying. While they’re no longer married, Bali is now where they are raising their children.
Lindy has openly spoken about going through a divorce with young children and how hard that was. she now has an open dialogue with Michael and talks about what it took to get there.
In our conversation today, she talks about finding love again, having her fourth child at 40, and her new women’s wellness brand Fig Femme, which is skincare for down there. Lindy wants to foster a self-care culture that’s honest, nurturing and empowering. She recently launched the brand with a vulva mask and has just expanded into a daily wash and hydrating mist. She talks about her journey as an entrepreneur, and how she handled the negative criticism she got when she launched.
In our conversation, we talk about:
- Her experience with racism.
- The decision to move to Bali and what family life looks like there.
- Divorce and what that looked like for Lindy.
- How a mediator was the key to repairing her relationship with her ex-husband.
- Finding love again.
- Having her fourth child, a girl named Goldie, at 40.
- Mothering toddlers, teenagers and more.
- Where the idea for her new business Fig Femme came from and her mission.
- Why the word vagina is still jarring.
- The backlash she’s received d such as being told she’s vagina shaming.
- Advice to women on dealing with the naysayers.