Parenting, childcare, maternity leave and more ...
Here’s what we are reading from around the web this week.
- Kelly O’Dwyer delivers her final speech, declaring (pleasingly) that, ‘Women can have a family and serve at the highest levels.’
- Ask any parent, and they’ll tell you that we are facing a childcare crisis. Is accessible, affordable universal childcare the golden bullet we’ve been looking for?
- Many of us are born knowing that we want to be a mother. But for many others, it’s not so straightforward. How should this uncertainty around parenthood be factored into family planning?
- What we all need to know about maternal depression – during pregnancy and post-partum.
- Has your kindergartener come home with a crush? (Umm … Yes.) Don’t squander it – turns out it could be quite valuable for their future.
- Lululemon has announced a gender-neutral paternity leave package that involves three to six months of paid leave. And we thought we just loved them for their yoga pants.
- Who’s dealing with the emotional turmoil of having a teenager in the house? You’re not alone … And here’s how to help them through those emotional storms.
- Thank goodness someone has finally said it … Sometimes, taking care of little kids can be really, well, boring.
- A truly moving and insightful story about a late-term abortion at 23 weeks.
- A little dedication to Karl Lagerfeld – who worked harder, changed faster and lasted longer than any other fashion designer.
- A great Q&A about making a career change at 40. Is it ever ‘too late’?
- Meet the two-year-old who already has an established art career.
- An insight into the life behind the gleaming white shield of Julie Bishop.