Can sex survive monogamy? This is a question Manhattan sex therapist Dr. Stephen Snyder explores in his book Love Worth Making: How to Have Ridiculously Great Sex in a Long-Lasting Relationship.
He looks at how there’s no shortage of books these days on sex technique, but that’s not what most people are interested in. What they really want is to have great sex in a committed relationship, in which case all the technical expertise in the world won’t help you very much. For that, you need to understand sexual feelings – how they operate, what rules they follow, and how they connect to the rest of who you are.
Dr. Stephen Snyder’s unique approach has helped over 1,500 individuals and couples master the erotic challenges of long-term relationships. Integrating the latest research on human sexuality with compelling stories from his 30 years of experience working with over 1,500 individuals and couples, Love Worth Making will help people of all ages and backgrounds master the erotic challenges of long-term relationships, understand their sexual feelings, and enjoy them for life.
In this episode we talk about:
- What happens to a couple’s sex life when a baby arrives.
- How most books on sex subscribe to the idea that sex is just “friction plus fantasy”, but that’s not the kind of sex most of us are looking for.
- The “sexual self”.
- How couples spend too much time thinking about technique, which leads to a lot of very boring sex because there’s no passion in it.
- How to solve erotic boredom.
- Mindfulness practices before sex.
- The impact of digital devices and social media on our sex life.
- The most common mistakes men and women make in the bedroom.